- Tell your physician in advance about all medications you are currently taking and any allergies you may have to medications, latex, etc.
- Purchase 1 Fleet Enema at the drugstore.
- 4 hours prior to your appointment time, give yourself the enema. Try to hold the liquid in for 15 minutes, but if this is not possible, at least 5 minutes is acceptable.
- You should not eat or drink anything 2 hours prior to your procedure.
- Patients can drive themselves home without assistance after the procedure.
Please call our office at 908-218-9222 if you have any questions.
See also: Anal Manometry